Space tool - Customisation query

Hi all,

I am delving a bit into the Space tool and I am trying to creat a space label that reflects our office numbering standards. Typically we will use something like R0-01 as the number. so R (room) 0 (floor) and 01 (room number) is there any way to automate this sequence or can you only have incrementing values as numbers i.e 1,2,3. 

If there is a way to set it to auto increment with a prefix of R0- that would be great. I.E R0-01 , R0-02 , R0-03. I have played around with a custom label and tried adding a prefix before the room number but they don't increment.

Thanks in advance!

The room numbering could be made of two seperate text blocks. I.e. the prefix, linked to a user field space record, and the number, which should then auto increment.

Put them next to each other in the label with the prefix right justified and the number left justified.

Edited by Boh
  • Like 2

I have a further question which I don't know if there is a workaround for.

I saved my space styles as a plug in object. With some playing around with it I managed to get the prefered numbering system etc. However I am wondering if there is a way to potentially count the space type seperately than the Room number. See the attached screenshot for example. Ideally I would like the system to number R0-01 Bedroom 01, R0-05 Bedroom 02 and so on. 

In the Space name tab under Occupancy I tried to add the number formula #2# (Also tried #1# but there's no difference.) I am wondering if there is a formula / method to have a different counter associated after the entered room name?

Formula.jpg

Space numbering.jpg

If I use data tags can they be set to auto increment etc.? The current project will have hundreds of rooms with multiple windows & doors associated to the rooms.

Ideally I would like the Room tags / labels to be able to automate the level, number & type number (i.e bedroom 01, bedroom 02).I am not sure if this is possible via Data tags or Space labels? 

The end goal is to associate the windows & doors for each room with the rooms / spaces to generate the schedules. 

Apologies for the basic questions but I am totally new to BIM and a lot of these tools. Learning from the Tutorial videos has helped a lot but these specific scenarios are harder to find tutorials for so your replies are greatly appreciated. 

I have tried to use the Incrementing Value setting but can't figure out how to add that to the other info. For example I would ideally Have W0-01.01 (incrementing value underlined) display in the top row with Window type in the data field below. I am not sure if there is a way to set this up within the Tag field definition?

22 minutes ago, Daniel Monty said:

I have tried to use the Incrementing Value setting but can't figure out how to add that to the other info. For example I would ideally Have W0-01.01 (incrementing value underlined) display in the top row with Window type in the data field below. I am not sure if there is a way to set this up within the Tag field definition?

The window ID suffix would be the incremenatal value in that instance.

#Window#.#IDPrefix#-#Window#.#IDLabel#'.'#INC_INT_1_1_1#->#Window#.#IDSuffix#

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Daniel Monty said:

The window ID suffix would be the incremenatal value in that instance.

#Window#.#IDPrefix#-#Window#.#IDLabel#'.'#INC_INT_1_1_1#->#Window#.#IDSuffix#

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel Monty said:

@Shorter Apologies for the persistant questions but we (you) have almost solved my problem! Is there a way to formula in a 2nd line to Add the Room name / Type with a seperate increment counter? 

So for example if Room 04 is Bedroom 02 the tag would read something like:

R0-4

Bedroom 02

I dare say you can. Need to test it.

• Like 1