Add an additional check box for Purge to Purge Unused Styles.

E|FA

Question

6 answers to this question

To check, I duplicated a VWX project file, deleted all Design Layers except for one and deleted everything in that layer.  Deleted all Sheet Layers.  Purged All.  In theory, all of my classes should be purged, as all classed objects have been removed from the file.  Except, many Classes remain.  The culprit appears to be items in the Resource Manager that have not been purged even though they are unused in the now empty project file.  For instance, Window & Door styles, one style each of wall/slab/roof, and marker styles are not purged. 

So, the request is to add the option to purge these styled items.

Or, is this a bug introduced in VW 2022?

Edited by E|FA
Add bug question
  • Like 1

I just played around with it a bit more:

It seems that all but one of each object style can be purged, with the non-purged style being the default one that would be inserted if you were to activate the tool and insert that type of object.

For example, if you had 6 Drawing Label styles in the RM (and none inserted in the document) and ran the Purge command, it would be able to purge 5 of them. The one it keeps is the one that the tool considers to be active one.

Not sure if this is working as designed or if it's a bug, but I agree that it's not quite the behavior a user would expect.

Edited by Andy Broomell
  • Like 1

Very interesting. It looks like VW22 has decided that any styled object will keep one copy of that style on file no matter what.

That's new and unexpected.

New File.

New SL

Insert Title Block

Delete SL (& TB)

Purge - "There are no purgable items..."

The TB with its associated user data, classes etc., remain in the file.

Edited by bcd