Krone blocks on schematic

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Oh I'm glad you asked that! I used to love Krone blocks for audio and then people stopped using them. Back in the day we had a whole extra workflow for these including visualising the layout of the blocks in their frame. What field are you working in? I'm sure we can re-vitalise these if there's a demand for it.

Best

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@darrancummins Hi Darran,

I'm putting this subject on my list of things to look at. If we tackle punchdown blocks I want do it properly. The Krone solution I developed years ago was based around my own specific design workflow i.e. no flexibility in labelling / cable numbering etc. Good for me but maybe not for you. As Vectorworks, we have to do this properly or not at all.

For now you can do this with custom devices. I understand that isn't a complete solution. The reason the old Krone tools never made it into the current versions is because I had every indication that no-one in AV was using them any more. In fact when I did a poll before retiring them the majority response was "what's that?".

But I'm a big fan of these systems. So, if I can see some demand we will work on them.

Conrad

• 2 months later...

Hi Conrad,

only just saw your replies, been out on installs constantly! 

I come across Krone a lot in broadcast and post-production facilities.  Would be great if there was a built-in way to do them in ConnectCAD - we just did one fairly small job, which still has over 200 channels on Krone;  it's a lot to try work around in the schematics...

Darran

• Like 1