Layer Tags === Worksheet DataBase

Is It possible to get a database to only include layers with a certain tag.

Say a list of only the sheet titles of sheet layers with a tag of "construction' or "con1", "con2",... if we wanted to shows deadline phases in the set?

The Tags set in organisation don't appear to part of Layer or it's own type or record or field value.

Seems too obvious for it be a missed feature. 

• Like 1

As of VW2022 I do not believe there is a way to use the tag on layers as part of a database criteria. 

I know you can't do it using the Criteria Builder.

You can probably do it using the DatabaseByScript option, but that is a much deeper level of expertise than using the criteria builder.

How critical is this to your workflow?

8 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

As of VW2022 I do not believe there is a way to use the tag on layers as part of a database criteria. 

I know you can't do it using the Criteria Builder.

You can probably do it using the DatabaseByScript option, but that is a much deeper level of expertise than using the criteria builder.

How critical is this to your workflow?

Well, not critical here found another way. Just don't think I'd ever find another potential use for Layer or Class Tags that wouldn't also require Database filtering. 

Oddly I can attach my own record to any object and use that why is Tags not just a blessed record. 

• 2 weeks later...