BIM Door not fully cutting through wall.

Hello!

I am trying to learn the ropes of all things BIM and have encountered an issue. No doubt this is something simple that I'm doing wrong but it has me stumped!

When I instert a door into the wall as per the attached screenshots it is not cutting through all components of the wall as seen in the section screenshot. However in plan view it shows it's cutting all the way through. I have set the door to Be 'Full break with caps' and it still doesn't fully cut through. I have also tried flipping and changing the door type still to no joy. I even toggled extend jamb to wall width on and it didn't cut through the wall. Any help would be appreciated.

Vectorworks - 2022 is what im running. File & screenshots attached as refernce.

Door 3d.jpg

Door 3d_1.jpg

Door Plan.jpg

section.jpg

2104 BIM Tester.vwx

I think one main problem is that your geometry is too far away from VW's internal origin.

Until about 4 km around file origin is safe.

(In your case 23 km away)

I see strange object scaling issues when zooming in 3D View and these typical

View artifacts in shaded Mode.

Second,

do your Doors come from a Revit import or similar.

This is a strange Door which uses a Symbol on top level, not a regular VW Door.

EDIT :

If I move your geometry to file origin, the Door Wall Cut looks alright.

• Like 1

@zoomer Thank you for the reply! 

Of course once I moved the model to the internal origin it worked. So thank you for that. The reference file that I am using as my base wasn't set up very well and ended up miles from the internal origin so I have fixed that now.

The window I am using is indeed Revit import from a window manufacturer we typically use in our office. Is there a straightforward way to edit it to make it into a regular VW door?

I'm very new to the BIM world so I appreciate your time. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Daniel Monty said:

The window I am using is indeed Revit import from a window manufacturer we typically use in our office. Is there a straightforward way to edit it to make it into a regular VW door?

I also realized that my clients RVT imports look at first sight like a Door and have BIM Tags.

But I realized that they are more like Symbols inserted into a Wall, when I wanted to edit

a Door. You can see that the Door Object itself has some default width and height which does

not necessarily meet the dimensions of the inserted Symbol geometry.

Unfortunately I don't know any way to convert it,

beside just trying to setup a new Door (Style) from scratch and rebuild the Symbols

appearance and Dimensions.