Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Custom handling of resource conflicts

JBenghiat

Does anyone have any examples or insights for using TImportResourceConflictCallbackProcPtr?

The issue I'm having is when I import a symbol that contain's a class name that conflicts with a non-class (like a symbol that has the same name as the class). I want the imported symbol to replace an existing symbol, but I want the incoming class to rename silently.

We made a function to import resources, that is using EImportResourceConflictResult, but it will prompt the user in case of a name conflict (so not 100% what you're looking for, what you ask for, I haven't come across anything like that in the SDK).

MCObjectHandle ImportNestedResourceFromFile( VCOMPtr<IFolderIdentifier> idFolder, TXString extrFolder, TXString filename, eVWObjectType::Type vw_type, TXString name )
	{
		IResourceManagerContentPtr importResManContPtr = nullptr;
		importResManContPtr.Query( VectorWorks::Extension::IID_ResourceManagerContent );
		importResManContPtr->InitByTDType( (TDType)vw_type );
		importResManContPtr->AddContent( EFolderSpecifier::kDefaultsFolder, extrFolder );
		TXString fullPath;
		idFolder->GetFullPath( fullPath );
		if ( importResManContPtr->SetSelectedItemText( name, fullPath + filename ) )
		{
			MCObjectHandle ret = importResManContPtr->ImportSelectedResourceToCurrentFile( VectorWorks::EImportResourceConflictResult::eImportResourceConflictResult_AskWithUI, true );
			DEBUG_Check2( ret != nullptr, (char*)"ERROR: Resource: %s cannot be imported to current file", (const char *)name );
			return ret;
		}

return nullptr;
	}