There should be a button for Plug-in Options in the OIP

Christiaan

Question

10 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
31 minutes ago, Christiaan said:

What do you think @Matt Panzer?

Hi Christiaan,

I do agree that these options could be made more discoverable and think adding a button would be reasonable.

I also think it would should investigate other ways to make these settings discoverable.

Would you mind submitting a VE for this as well?

We can then link it to this thread.

• Like 2

Done! VE-102473

Thanks for the chat today Matt, that helped crystallise my thoughts above.

That's my first time attending online sessions like that and I found it really useful even though I wasn't prepared for them. I'm going to create a list of things for next year's summit and clear my diary out (don't worry it'll be a list of training-related stuff, not feature requests 😁)!

Edited by Christiaan
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, Christiaan said:

Done! VE-102473

Great!  Thanks!

Thanks for the chat today Matt, that helped crystallise my thoughts above.

Absolutely!  I was great meeting you "face to face"!

That's my first time attending online sessions like that and I found it really useful even though I wasn't prepared for them. I'm going to create a list of things for next year's summit and clear my diary out (don't worry it'll be a list of training-related stuff, not feature requests 😁)!

Whew!  Remember, I have a record of you stating this!  🤣

But seriously, I'm always open to talk about anything as long as time permits and people aren't lined up waiting to ask their questions.  It's always a pleasure to talk with VW users.  After all, I've been one for over 22 years before coming to work here.  🙂

• Like 3

I confirmed that the contextual menus are still not discoverable by the Workspace Editor in VW2024, so a keyboard shortcut is not possible.  An alternative to adding a button to the OIP for accessing these settings would be creating (yet another) palette for the "Plug-in Object Options..."  

Tagging @Stephan Moenninghoff for this UI topic.  A related thread regarding wall insert UI is at:

Edited by E|FA

At least the 'Plug-in Object Options' dialog can be opened from the object in the drawing (by right-clicking on it): to access the 'Plug-in Object Style Options' dialog you have to right-click on the object + select 'Locate Plug-in Style in Resource Manager' then right-click on the style in the RM + select 'Plug-in Object Style Options...'

This has been discussed at length elsewhere + @Matt Panzer says they are looking at options for making the dialog more easily accessible... Although that was some time ago so not sure what the latest is?

• Like 1