VW2022 issue with drawing shifting when switching from wireframe to Open GL

studiovarey

Question

Hi there. I am using VW 2022, on a new M1 Max laptop. Largely not having issues, but this one is odd; when viewing a model in wireframe, if I switch the view to open GL, the model shifts position on the screen/workspace (I'm not sure which tbh). I can't snap to the model in this view, and I have to switch back to wireframe to continue working on it. Please see images attached (refer to axis to see shift).

Is this a known issue? anyone else experiencing this? I wonder if I am doing something wrong... or if its just a new version/new computer bug...

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 15.10.27.png

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 15.10.34.png

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, zoomer said:

Ooops.

Does it just pan the View, or even move the geometry ?

(If I watch the 3D center symbol)

OMG !

😄

So it visually moves the objects... the lines of the objects are now 1594mm (??) to the right, BUT when I actually move my mouse and it highlights objects, they are still actually in the same place (if that makes any sense at all). There are white boxes where the objects WERE in wireframe, but the Open GL view shows them to the right of that position... but you can't click on them because they are actually where they were originally, you just can't see them. 

I've confused myself with the above... I managed to grab the below screenshot that hopefully explains what I mean a little!

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 23.10.17.png

12 hours ago, michaelk said:

Does it persist after a VW restart or computer restart?

It does... I've done some more checking, and it may just be this file that I am working on. It has been through 3 iterations of the program, so it may just be muddled and full of junk (or my dodgy modelling skills) haha!