Update All Viewports VWX 2022

trashcan

Question

Just updated to VWX 2022 today. Have noticed that Update All Viewports doesn't seem to update... all... viewports. The culprit? Any viewport where the BG Render is hidden line doesn't update with "Update All Viewports" and now I'm going through and manually updating those viewports on each sheet. 

This didn't happen with VWX 2021, so must be a bug! 

Edited by trashcan

4 answers to this question

I wrote a tool for this a while ago that can be found here:

It will list all viewports in the drawing highlight out of date viewports.  It lets you select which viewports you want to update (with a button for selecting all out of date viewports), then updates them after pressing "OK".  I have tested it in VW2022 and haven't had any problems with it so far.

@markdd Admittedly, I totally forgot you could do this. Usually I just go to View-->Update All Viewports. Though in 2022, I particularly like pressing "F" and typing in "Update" and it's the first thing that comes up. 

Strangely, using the nav palette, selecting all and going to right-click Update still doesn't update the Viewports that have hidden line rendering. I have to manually select (command-click) each one and then they will update. Also, the nav Nav - Viewports doesn't seem to refresh. 

@Jesse Cogswell Great tool. Nice auditor. It does in fact update the Hidden Line viewports so it's doing something correctly than VWX natively is not doing. 

I am also looking for the "culprit(s)" that necessitate an update. if I move something that is visible only in a few viewports (re: class visibilities), why would all of these other Viewports need to be updated? I moved an object that is in class X. It's in viewports 1 and 2 only. For some reason, 98 other viewports need to be updated. Confusing!