VW2022 DWG export improvements but not quite there yet...

arquitextonica

Question

Hallo All!
For some time now I´ve been fighting with the DWG Export issue. I´m glad to see the improvements in VW2022, but results are not satisfying yet.
Size is much better in 22 (700Kb vs 19Mb in 2021) and rubble content is much lower (you can see the yellow area is the same on both cases, in 2021 the black collateral is HUGE.

9mr0i1t8p1.thumb.png.7c73966f95cd34ce515485923d5af204.png

My point after this improvements keeps beeing the organization of the DWG itself.
We can make several details of a single BIM section and layout them but the problem (for me at least) arises when in the exported DWG each of these details, that are exported as "framed views" contains not a drawing but a block, and that each of the block from the details (that all originate from the same section) are actually different to each other, thus completely thwarting the sense of the blocks!
Is there an official stance on this topic? From what I read in the forum it is not regarded as a problem by VW-USA and therefore we can´t expect a solution... am I right?
BIM is the present but there are a lot of planners involved in the design process that need DWG information exchange and I think this should be stable and trustworthy.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet