Publishing to PDF Not Rendering Callout Bubble Style & Bubble Fill Color

Apollo Moonfire

Question

See attached for visual. Publish my sheet to PDF. Callout bubble style (box in my case) not showing up in PDF. Color fill in box also not showing up. Same thing happening for Room Name Simple objects: border of box missing and fill not rendering. Fill is transparent.

Also the sheet is not honoring the 1/8" margins on printing, defaulting to 1/4".

This is ridiculous. Going back to 2020 until this version settles down.

vw pdf publish issue.jpg

4 answers to this question

Hi Nikolay,

Seeing this in v2022. I did two tests. Both files attached, native VWX as well as PDF outputs.

Test 1: New file. Copied floorplan from converted file, added new callouts. No problems.

Test 2: Migrated file from v2020. That's where the problem occurs. — And this is a typical situation for me, migrating old files often.

I vaguely recall various problems in past yearly updates. It's actually why I don't update yearly: because, well, I've got work to do and don't have time to troubleshoot problems such as these. It's not just a VW problem: it's an endemic problem in the industry. We most likely don't need yearly updates. But that's a different conversation than this one.

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks,

Apollo (formerly G Scott Souchock)

DWG D1.1 CAS Wayshowing v2022.vwx DWG VW Test Issue G Scott Works LLC.vwx DWG D1.1 CAS Wayshowing v2022.pdf DWG VW Test Issue G Scott Works LLC.pdf

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Scott, @Apollo Moonfire

Thanks for the test files and the additional information. I was able to reproduce this on my end too. It seems like the problem gets fixed if you change the bubble type of the callout to Hexagon or Cloud or something different than Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle and Circle. This is the workaround that you can use for now to avoid this issue.

Some more information about this - this is happening with Export PDF as well, so it is actually not a Publish only problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov