downloading resources and write access

mattryan

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Matt,

I've had this issue previously. You need to have read/write permissions for the vectorworks application folder (which contains all libraries etc.) on your system.

Easiest solution I found was to go to your application folder > right click on folder e.g. "Vectorworks 2022" > Get Info > amend "sharing & permissions" so that your user account or admin (assuming you have admin rights) can both read and write.

image.thumb.png.8ff588568b0a62e40eeac48ad87fb55f.png

sidenote: you also need these permissions set if you want to be able to manage door hardware sets etc.

Hi all, 

I've got my iMac updated and a new user created and now I have the same issue, as when I try to import some textures it gives me the same error, but with a symbol it doesn't. 

On my previous User I can do everything without any issues, so I'm thinking this is a User related thing that I might be missing...

I've tried changing the permissions of the main folder to everyone with Read & Write permissions and still nothing, any other solutions I can try please? 

Note: I've our IT team also looking into this.

Edit: I have this issue on Both 2023 and 2024

Edit 2: All Sorted, the folders were actually missing my new user in the permissions, I've added it and it worked fine.

Edited by FBernardo