not creating a .xml

GEM

Question

I am working on a new lightplot based on another show from 5 years ago. It saves everything fine with a new name etc into Vectorworks 2020, but refuses to create an .xml file. I have rebooted the vectorworks and the lightwright, nothing. 

What am I missing?

I will now reboot my computer to see if that helps. -It's a little booring to do the old turn it off, turn it back on...... any other suggestions? 

PS I've worked on drawings that have nothing to do with lights lately and they generated an xml file no problem, so I guess it is the translation from a Vectorworks 2018 file to a 2020 file??

Thanks, T

2 answers to this question

They do!  You'll see them here often.  (Way more often in the past several years than they used to).  

As I type this it's after midnight on the west coast of the US and there are 4 VW employees logged in. 🙂 

But the forum is not meant to be another form of direct tech support from the company so you won't get a VW employee answering every question.

From the forum guidelines:  https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/guidelines/

Description of Service
Vectorworks, Inc. provides this web-based service as a user community peer-support resource. The forums are for free discussion and exchange of information, experiences and expertise with other users of Vectorworks products.

But, back to your point:

Not sure why GEM's question didn't get any answers.  If you're having a similar issue, please ask.  I'm not sure I full understand the original issue.  Maybe you can help illuminate.