VW2022 rulers disappear in 3D

Tom W.

Question

Just noticed that in VW2022 the rulers only display in Top/Plan, Top + screen-aligned views or if you're looking at a working plane: change to a 3D view + they disappear. I suppose there is some logic behind this but I think I'd prefer them to be there all the time. In a georeferenced file it's good to always be able to see where you are, so to speak; plus when they're not there I have an annoying gap above my RM + Visualisation palettes! I didn't see this mentioned anywhere as a new feature + I haven't found an option to override it...?

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Tom W. said:

I can see the reasoning but still be good to have the option of retaining if desired. I find it useful even in 3D to keep an eye on the geographical location of my model relative to user origin

I agree. I have often noticed that imported drawings are at very strange locations relative to the User origin by seeing these rulers. It also gets rid of the User Origin button which I often use in any view.