Changing color of site model

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Here are the 3D display classes used by the DTM:

DTM-cont3D major Major contours are drawn in this class in the 3D representation of the site model(s) when 3D contours are enabled.

DTM-cont3D minor Minor contours are drawn in this class in the 3D representation of the site model(s) when 3D contours are enabled.

DTM-hull This class is used to draw the sides and bottom of the 3D site model when 3D display option ?Mesh solid? is chosen.

DTM-mesh Extruded contours in 3D

DTM-triangle 3D If the Site Model is drawn using triangles in 3D, the triangles are drawn in this class.

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problem with my site model. I created my site model sucessfully, and I'd like to display it using the 3D Contour display mode. The model looks white on the screen, and prints a blank page. I tried changing the class color with no success. In the Attributes pallette, the fill color is grayed out. I double click on the site model to open the group and change the color of the object there, Nothing happens. The model displays the color in the 3D Triangle mode, but not the 3D Contour mode. is this some kind of bug? Is there a work around?

Reem, you need to go to ORGANIZE>CLASSES (or go to the CLASSES setup dialog by choosing "classes" from the class pulldown). Once there double click on the particualr class you wish to change (see Robert's post above for the various different options). Once you have double clicked on the appropriate class you can change the color (or texture) of that class. Make sure that the "use at creation" box is checked. Now exite the dialog and try rendering your DTM. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

That didn't work for me but what did work was opening the symbol, selecting the 3D object within the symbol and putting it on the correct class. Some how, the site moel was originally created with the 3D symbol on the a different class, even though the 2D symbol was on the correct DTM class(es).

Thanks for your help!

• 6 years later...

the difficulty for me is that the existing model uses the classes, but when I switch to proposed then it has no color and the fill attributes are greyed out. It helps that there are two different colors for the before and after, but I cant change the proposed color. I can put a texture on it using the object info pallate, but no way to change color.