Seeing line work under coloured plant symbols

Viper x

Place plant symbol > from the attributes pallette apply a colour fill to the symbols, usually shades of green.

I need to show the line work below, what is the best way to do this please.

Thanks

Note I have been trying to send the coloured plant symbols "to the back" to make the line work visible but this has no effect ?

Well blow me down.

I kept messing around and placed new plant symbols on the drawing and I could send them back and the line work was then visible, the ones that could not do this to had the 4 small boxes that show up when you select it with no fill, ie the ones that did work all the their boxes were solid black.

What the hell is that about ?

[ 10-27-2005, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Viper x ]

Nice one Marietta, stacking the layers works a treat [smile]

Thanks for your responses, you are always patience with those of us who's skills lie somewhere other than the Cad drafting side of design.

Now back to those different highlight little squares that caused me not to be able to move the symbol forward or back, any ideas what I did to cause them ?

• 2 weeks later...

Viper,

It sounds like your symbols may be on another layer and you have the Layers> show/snap/modify others option selected.

When you are on one layer and select objects on another layer the handles are not filled. Select the objects again and look at the object info to see if this is the case. You can then use the object info tab to move the symbols to the layer you want.