Syncing Settings

mrwinnie911

How can I keep ConnectCAD Setting synced between multiple computers? I have 2 Office PC's and a one the Road Mac and i need to make sure that my settings remain the same on all of them. (Signal Types, Connectors, ect.) How can i do this? I've done the VW/plugins/connectcad-data/ files syncs. But VW 2022 changes the way that is done. Or its just not saved there anymore.

• Like 1

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

ConnectCAD changed its location for the User Data and Preferences on Windows. Mac is still the same. For Windows its at

\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2022

The Problem is that now, when you sync your settings. It doesn't save the "classes" that you have for each signal in the  connectCAD Settings, So if you change a signal color in the connectCAD settings, it doesn't change it at a class level which means that when you load that save on another computer. All the Signals maybe be there, but none of the class data from the settings will match. Even if I sync the signal file from computer to computer. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 hours ago, mrwinnie911 said:

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov

ConnectCAD changed its location for the User Data and Preferences on Windows. Mac is still the same. For Windows its at

\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2022

The Problem is that now, when you sync your settings. It doesn't save the "classes" that you have for each signal in the  connectCAD Settings, So if you change a signal color in the connectCAD settings, it doesn't change it at a class level which means that when you load that save on another computer. All the Signals maybe be there, but none of the class data from the settings will match. Even if I sync the signal file from computer to computer. 

- Before we saved the user data at the same location. Maybe you have edited the app data and that is why you think we changed the location?

- As for the classes, if you are using the same file the colors should remain the same, as the color, line weight and line type are all saved in the class, which is saved in the file. If this is not the case, can you please send me a screen recording showing what you are doing and what you are seeing as problem?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov