VW2022 CC Old files - connector types and cable numbers shown upside down

sivonen

Hello,

I recently updatet to VW2022 and I am noticing the same thing in all old files that are made with VW 2020 or 2021.

This does not happen when I create a new file with VW2022 and just make a new device.

Any connections made on "wrong side" of device  (meaning input on right side or output on left side) makes the Cable Number and Connector Type text go upside down.
Strangely this effect does not happen when looking at the connectors inside the device object.

Since I'm usually drawing larger interconnected systems where the i/o flow might not be defining the logic of the schematic, as networked and control systems become more complicated, this is a major issue for me in all my scematics.

image.png.92fccfea809d6859e2482f2857cab54d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @sivonen,

The problem here is that you have your view set to "Top" and not "Top/Plan". If you do this in VW2021 you will get the same result. What is happening here is that in VW flipped text like this can get adjusted automatically in Top/Plan so that it is readable, using the "Adjust Flipped Text" document preference. However, this is not the case in 3D views, such as Top.

So, in order to get this working as before, just switch the view to Top/Plan. 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov