Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Recognizing Migration or Batch Convert?

Nicolas Goutte

There is a migration interface. I haven’t implemented it, so I don’t know is you can easily find it in the SDK — I know I have it in an email somewhere. 
You can also either call the file up-convert interface or listen for the plug-in update event — I presume handling would be the same whether called for an individual  file or a batch convert. 

On 10/18/2021 at 4:49 PM, JBenghiat said:

There is a migration interface. I haven’t implemented it, so I don’t know is you can easily find it in the SDK — I know I have it in an email somewhere. 
You can also either call the file up-convert interface or listen for the plug-in update event — I presume handling would be the same whether called for an individual  file or a batch convert. 

I know only interfaces for handling a plug-ins' part of a migration. However that does not help me, as Batch Convert is triggered by the library conversion part of the migration, something which is pure VW code.

If the plug-in has its own version control, you can hook the kNotifyPlugInObjectUpdate notification in update support. But that requires you to check the plug-in instance to determine if it needs upgrading, for example a version field or the absence of data that gets auto-filled on first run.

You can also use IProviderSaveCleaner to trigger actions just before save, though I believe this is more geared towards reverse translation than forwards translation. 

I have not tested either of these with the batch conversion process.