Linking a media server to LED Screen object in VW/Vision 2022

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an LED wall that I can attach a media server to in Vision. In searching around, I'm not seeing much - there is a thread from a few years ago about using "Spotlight>Visualization>Select Vision Video Source>" (which seems a little outdated, but there's a similar menu item in 2022) to configure that, but in 2022, the LED wall that I've created using the LED Screen tool results in the error "This command requires that one of the following objects be selected 3D Locus/Extrude/3D Polygon, etc, etc ,etc"

The screen is editable via the PIO in VW, but it's importing into vision as just a mesh shape.

I tried searching for an actual tutorial but there's nothing, and the manual is somewhat silent on actually setting this up.

Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on this feature?

thx!

A

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Right Click on the screen or surface in Vision and choose assign video input, Name it then select a stream from the list.

It might do all panels as individual screens (I cannot remember). Test this with an extrude sent from Vectorworks.

Hope that helps!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@ajemutt, @TomWhiteLight is correct that you can always assign these video inputs Vision-side if you would like.

You should also know that if you are going to be using the LED Screen (or any other kind of screen/projector) in VW you can use the Edit Array Image (or Edit Screen Image) dialog to Select Vision Video Source. Once inside of the Select Vision Video Source dialog, you can select a Capture Device. The Capture Source Name is not really sent to Vision. It is mostly used VW side for organizational purposes. But, the Capture Source Number will identify the source uniquely in Vision. So, if 2 screens have Capture Source Number 1 and another screen has Capture Source Number 2, then when this file is sent to Vision you will be prompted for 2 sources; a source for Capture Source Number 1 and Capture Source Number 2. Capture Source Number 1 will be displayed on the first two screens in this example and Capture Source Number 2 will be displayed on the last screen in this example.

Similarly, if you are just going to be using extrudes or any other custom geometry in VW, you can attach a special record to this geometry through the "Spotlight>Visualization>Select Vision Video Source>" as you have discovered. Simply select the Capture Device radio button and assign a Capture Source Number. Again, the Capture Source Name is not really sent to Vision. It is mostly used VW side for organizational purposes. But, the Capture Source Number will identify the source uniquely in Vision.

• Like 1