Active symbol stuck on tree prop

JHEarcht

VWA 11.1 on Windows XP

I added a small VW standard low-res tree prop (tree 1 sm texture) to a building plan. Next I imported several more tree props into the Resource Browser. I double click or click "apply" to place some of the new props (tree 2, tree 3) but the active symbol doesn't change from tree 1. When I render the drawing in Open GL the correct tree (tree 2) displays in the OIP, but in the drawing "tree 1" is the only tree that will display. For some reason, the active symbol seems to be stuck on tree 1. Any ideas how to get it unstuck? Thanks,

JHE

Jim,

Props are 3D resources available in VW11 Architect/RenderWorks. They are like a combination of a symbol and a texture. A bitmap image of an object, such as a tree or car or person is mapped onto a flat surface which automatically reorients itself to face the viewer. Thus simulating a 3D object, but with far fewer pixels to calculate. At least, that's my understanding. This is my first attempt to use a prop, and it's not going very well, so far.

JHE

VWA 11.1 on Windows XP

I added a small VW standard low-res tree prop (tree 1 sm texture) to a building plan. Next I imported several more tree props into the Resource Browser. I double click or click "apply" to place some of the new props (tree 2, tree 3) but the active symbol doesn't change from tree 1. When I render the drawing in Open GL the correct tree (tree 2) displays in the OIP, but in the drawing "tree 1" is the only tree that will display. For some reason, the active symbol seems to be stuck on tree 1. Any ideas how to get it unstuck? Thanks,

JHE