Hello Community!

This Thursday, October 21st, from 6 pm to 7 pm EDT, we will be performing an update on the Vectorworks Community Board. During this time, the site will be unavailable.

Solid Addition from Scaled Symbol?

That worked great in the file that I sent you!  But not so much in my original file (attached)....

When I changed the "s" to an "i" in the file that I sent you, I got a dialogue box about a "REFFILE keyword" (see screenshot in attached file) to which I said "Yes."

When I went to update the node in my original file, the "s" had already been replaced with the "i" (which I assume has to do with the "REFFILE" thing...).  But the network failed...

Ultimately, I found that if I copied the node that I'd originally modified and used that, the network would succeed and generate the expected solid.

The attached file displays the steps I went through.  It also includes a screenshot of a warning that I frequently get.  And I've noticed that the Scale Symbol node has a red gradient in the RM, but in the file it's just white... don't know if that's significant.   VWIS219

Thanks!  Will

05-Scale Symbol Node-02.vwx

Edited by willofmaine