Opacity Issue: Viewport on Sheet layer does not show opacity of design layers correctly

doug shaffer

Question

Hello - 

This is going to be hard to describe but I'll do my best.  I am referencing a landscape consultants Vectorworks file (let's call it "File A") in to a Design Layer in my Vectorworks file (called "File B").  

I created a Design Layer (called "LANDSCAPE") in FIle B that contains a viewport whose source is File A.  This Design Layer viewport correctly shows the opacity of several 2D objects.

However, when I create a Sheet Layer that contains a viewport of the Design Layer "LANDSCAPE", the opacity for all objects is 100% rather than the less-than-100% that they should be.

Attached is a screenshot showing what I see in the Design Layer "LANDSCAPE" and another showing how that information looks in a viewport on a Sheet Layer.  

What's going on?  Am I missing something obvious?

SCREEN CAPTURE - DESIGN LAYER.png

SCREEN CAPTURE - SHEET LAYER.png

3 answers to this question

Something in the back of my mind says there is a setting somewhere to use the attributes of referenced viewports, but I can't find it. Ahh, there it is. At the bottom of the Sheet Layer Viewport Layer settings and Class setting there are options to :"Use Embedded Design Layer Viewport Settings For:", but they don't effect the transparency in my test.

I did a quick test in VW2021 (are you really using VW2015 as your signature says?) The orange and blue come from a Design Layer viewport in the file. The Green and Yellow from a referenced DLVP.

image.png.f3d498f3c0a7b4f84985fe0ac94b71a4.png

• Like 1

@Pat StanfordFrom your test the "Use embedded design layer viewport settings for:" works for class overrides for referenced vps. I don't think it can work for class visibilties (as the referenced file could have a different class structure).

I recently had some issues with this setting for sections through DLVP's (non-referenced) where the visibilities option didn't work for DLVP objects cut by the section line. It has been submitted as a bug.

• Like 1