units rounding

lswdw

I just read your question and I don't know if you have solved your problem or now but the solution is to go to page - and then UNITS and then change the precision to 1 instead of .1 and then you have to change the general display to dimensions (primary) unless u do that it won't change, I had the same problem once .

hope I was of help

cheers

rafa

[ 10-06-2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Rafa Rawof ]

thanks katie and rafa but it still is NOT working. went to Page/Units and my settings are;

1-units of measurement is millimeters

2-decimal - 0.1

then i change the general display to dimension (primary) and the 1 decimal is still there., for example, it is still showing 914.5

thanks andrew. on the dimension strings.

to give you a little background of the drawing- the drawing was originally done in imperial and then the client wants it to be in metric and so i change the units from imperial to metric and rounding the decimal to 1.

so i am not sure if the conversion has anything to do with the problem.

I don't think changing from imperial to metric was the issue, the only 2 places where u can change dimensions precision is the FILE - SETUP-DOCUMENT SETUP and then just change the units to whatever you want the precision to the nearest 1, that should cover all your units as for dimension values you go PAGE- UNITS- and just teh precision to 1 and MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE DIMENSIONS OBJECT (PRIMARY) on the SET UNITS FOR : this usually does it for me.

the only thing left for you to do is to change each dimension in the object info pallette.

rafa

thanks andrew.

in my first posting i said i have it as 1 and still have the one decimal. sorry i mistaken katie so now my settings are

my page/units/general dimension setting is: decimal round to nearest - 1

my page/units/dimension ( primary) setting is : decimal round to nearest - 1

and i am still seeing 914.5

am i still missing something here?

thanks rafa.

i have been manually changing each dimension which i am finding it to be radiculous. It is just not right to be doing this one by one.

The other problem is that the text offset from the dim string. The dim setting appears only when I select a dimension string. I have to change hundreds of dimension strings one by one just to have the text nearer to the string.

it is just not making sense ! and i still believe that i am missing something.

As well as the tip Rafa sent you, you should look at making a dimension standard.

From the menu bar choose File > Preferences > Document Preferences.

Click on the Dimension Tab

Click on the custom button

Click on new

Edit your standard.

then when you get back to the Document Perferences choose your new dimension standards as the dimension standard. then all your new dims will use the new standard. If you edit the new standard then all the dims will update...

This is covered in my Essential VW manual....

Thanks Jonathan.

I finally see the global dimension settings in the File/Doc/Dimension/New/Edit

So, what I am experimenting here is that these settings will not override what was previously done in the drawings. So, what was done previously will have to be changed manually to fit into these settings.

As for the decimal, I am also realising it to be the same as the above that I have to change the precision by clicking the dimension strings one by one to make the decimal change from 0.1 to 1

The conclusion here is that what done previously cannot be changed globally by the new settings. is that right?