VW2022 - Colour Handling

Kevin McAllister

Question

Hello,

I was troubleshooting a colour issue where a red looked different on two different sheets of a PDF in Apple's Preview. One sheet had been rasterized to create the PDF and the other had not. The original PDF was created using the publish command in VW2021.

I switched to VW2022 to do some further testing and things got weirded. I created a new red swatch with the values R255, G0, B0. When I go back in to edit the swatch the picker defaults to CMYK and shows the values C0, M100, Y100, K0. When I switch the picker mode to RGB the colour values are R205, G10, B32 which are not what I sent originally. Is VW2022 now converting all colours to CMYK? Am I missing something here.

Ironically the colours look much more consistent onscreen in VW2022. I know some work was done on the colour engine but I couldn't find any specifics. Apple's Preview still shows a discrepancy between the rasterized and non-rasterized PDF sheets.

@JuanP is there any info about how colour management changed in VW2022? Should I always be using CMYK values where possible when matching client colours?

Thanks,

Kevin

Colour Comparison.pdf Colour Comparison.vwx

Edited by Kevin McAllister
Grammar

1 answer to this question