Parametric sofa models for free

mng1986

They look great!👍🏻🍻 - unfortunately they won’t load as it states ‘illegal VW copy’  when trying to open on my legal VW…🤬  VW SHOULD BE GIVING YOU A FREE TRIAL FOR ADDING DECENT MODELS TO THEIR LIBRARIES!

- why VW thinks stopping paid users from being able to use these types of files is beyond me!! - just making more work for the users who actually pay their wages!!!

will have to wait until I can boot into an old Mac OS which works with my ‘VW file validator’ app

Edited by neal-2002
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, davidronn said:

Hiya! Thanks for making these available. I've downloaded them and they came as an RAR file. How do I convert them to something Vectorworks can open?

RAR is just a compressed file format, so I would assume the .VWX files are inside of the compressed archive.

Depending on what OS you’re using, you’ll have to find a file utility to uncompress the RAR file. If you’re on MacOS, the Unarchiver is one good free option. I’m sure there are other similar options for Windows.

19 hours ago, rDesign said:

RAR is just a compressed file format, so I would assume the .VWX files are inside of the compressed archive.

Depending on what OS you’re using, you’ll have to find a file utility to uncompress the RAR file. If you’re on MacOS, the Unarchiver is one good free option. I’m sure there are other similar options for Windows.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm somewhat computer illiterate on these things so this is probably simple information for most but not me.