Floating tool palettes

Please forgive my inexperience. First time posting here.

There is a floating tool palette selection that emerges near my cursor at times. I know its for convenient access to tool palettes but I cant figure out how to make it appear when I want it? I realize its probably VW101.

Also, is there a way to customize it so the palettes I want are in the 4 corners?

Thanks for any help

Thanks Andy, I just came back to report I had figured it out, it was the scroll wheel button. Click the scroll wheel and they come up. Is there another way to get them to appear in addition to that?

I did see and find the gear icon and customized it.

The other thing I didn't know was its called the Smart Options Display. That's why I couldn't search anything for it.

Thanks for the other tip too, I'll look in to it.

Thanks for the Link Tom. One of the reasons I couldn't find the help section on it was I didn't know what it is called!

As is the case in so many situations, I was discovering this as I asked the question. Knowing what the feature is called makes a big difference. I have since customized it and trying to get used to using it instead of reaching for the pallet.

Letting the program with some files open sleep overnight corrupted the feature though. 3 of 4 of the pallets I customized only showed one tool in each available, I had to close and re-open the program to get them back

Thanks again, Tom and Andy

Edited by KenD
Additional info
  • Like 1

Well this feature is useless unless I restart the program after sleeping the computer. I like to pick right back up the next day with everything still up and organized on my 3 screens for a big project. After sleeping the PC this feature is totally corrupted and not the way I left it.

I've moved on to assigning custom keyboard assignments for my most used tools so I can use one hand for them. I cant wait a full second for smart options to appear and it wont let me use a half second. By the time the smart options appear, my instinct has already grabbed the tool from the pallet or used keystrokes.

It's been interesting playing with it though.