Resource Manager doesn't stick to second monitor

ViolaB

Question

Hi all,

my Resource Manager keeps disappearing. I would like to have it on my second monitor, but when I drag it over it disappears until I restart VW and reset the Workspace to default. This is really annoying. I found more people with the same problem, but no solution. I currently use ctrl+R on my main monitor to toggle it on and off, but I'd like it to just stay open on my second monitor so I have everything in view.

I'm using VW 2021 on an educational license. Windows 10 PC with latest updates. One 4k monitor for the acutal work, and an HD one for (hopefully) the resource manager and notes and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheerio,

Viola

3 answers to this question

It totally disappears! I tried pinnin and unpinning, it's not hiding behind other open windows either, it doesn't snap back to somewhere on the main monitor. It simply vanishes? The only thing that brings it back is unpluggin the second monitor, closing VW, plugging it back in, reopening VW and resetting the workspace to default. Then it appears as a bar that folds down when I hover. It's very strange to say the least.

Was a solution found to this? I have also had my resource manager disappearing off the face of the earth, to not reappear if toggled off/on in palettes menu - which implies the menu is open somewhere, but impossible to find (does not appear again when minimising / shrinking window, etc)

It took me ages to get it back the last time it did this, but now it has done it again and I have no idea what eventually helped me get it back last time! And I'd rather not reset my workspace. 

This is on VW23

Edited by anniemitch