All 3d Geometry in all Files Turned Black

Dendecko

Question

Hello,

I am not sure what's going on.  In 2022 all vectorworks 3d geometry has turned black.  I have tested multiple files and everything is black and stays black.  I was working all morning on a file, went to lunch and came back.  After inserting a dwg into one file everything is just black.  opened different files and the same thing happened to them so I am suspicious that some setting get adjusted but really don't know how.  I have tried restarting but no luck. any help?

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 2.35.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 2.35.52 PM.png

13 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Dendecko said:

Are you saying you have had the same issue?  were you able to solve it?

No,

I saw it lately in Shaded Mode at one point.

The Walls of one Story appeared black while the others were fine.

AFAIK only from the interior side.

I had no time to bother.

Did not even try to set OpenGL ... ahm ... Shaded Quality back to "more" compatibility.

@Dave Donley Renderworks also went black.  because of the issues with new files I did a full dump and reloaded the software.  Currently has stopped.  so far have not been able to replicate it going black but will reply if it happens again.  Previously I had manually constructed some architecture and then when I imported a dwg everything went black.  the weirdest part was other files also going black and the restart not working but if I copied all, deleted it, and then pasted in place it went back to normal.  

• Like 1

Just had this problem too!

Was checking for stray geometry/objects by using zoom to objects for each design layer. 1 layer went incredible wide and turned out that a windoor object had ended up kilometers from where it was supposed to be. Once deleted everything went back to normal

Also happened to me, opening a VWX 2021 file in VW 2022. I'm using M1 Max Apple Silicon, if it's relevant. 

Indeed the solution was to copy all, delete all, paste in place.
When creating a new VWX 2022 file it comes out fine. 

Hope it gets fixed in an update, as I must constantly recur to older format files.

Also just had this happen... Trying to put in truss around video walls. I think it happened when I went to a wide perspective to check the 'audience view'. Now it won't go back, just stuck with layering issues and everything is black. And my backups are corrupted in this same way too so I can't even go back to "earlier in the day" and try again. 

Copying, deleting, pasting in place didn't solve the issue either.