VWX TO DXF/dwg

Believe it or not but some people still use VW10. Yes, and they use the old disconnected computers because…. well, why change!!

And, on top of that they use only layers to draw everything, floor plans and elevations plus some wall section and plumbing stack diagrams. That’s about all they do and turn quickly small projects that seem to make them good money. 
So, I do some work for them and although I can feel sometimes frustrated with the process, the straight 2D drafting is refreshing and reminds me of days long gone. 
I do most of the work on VW2021 because it is so much easier than V10. I then translate to dwg to be able to open on the old computer. When I open the file in VW 10 I get the layers in a weird naming standard. 
qu: is there a way to DXF to keep the layers as layers in the translation? And the scale to stay at 1/48. 
i know I’m back in the 🦖 

thank You

Stretching my mind a bit here, but I recall that there were a aspects that Autocad's document exchange format DXF did not track but of course their dwg format did. I would start with trying to export to DWG version 12. (I've not checked if that version is still there in the export settings) VW10 can import DWG files.