Attribute Palette missing

Chris Rogers

Question

11 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Can you shut down Vectorworks and then try renaming your "2022" preferences folder in this location?

"Macintosh HD/Users/jblock/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks"

"C: > Users > (YourUsername) > AppData > Roaming > Nemetschek > Vectorworks"

Once you have renamed the folder, can you launch Vectorworks again and check to see if the palettes are working properly? If not, please contact our technical support team directly at tech@vectorworks.net

Thanks!

• Like 1
On 9/30/2021 at 11:07 AM, jblock said:

Can you shut down Vectorworks and then try renaming your "2022" preferences folder in this location?

"C: > Users > (YourUsername) > AppData > Roaming > Nemetschek > Vectorworks"

Once you have renamed the folder, can you launch Vectorworks again and check to see if the palettes are working properly? If not, please contact our technical support team directly at tech@vectorworks.net

Thanks!

I used the default install location, but my directories don't have that set of paths to select from. I have no library folder under my username. I'll email tech support. Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Chris Rogersthis location is hidden by default on macOS. The easiest way to find it is through Finder. Open Finder and click on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard and you should see Library appear in the list. Thanks!

I get to this point and the trail runs cold. 

I have no preferences folder under 2022.

("C: > Users > (YourUsername) > AppData > Roaming > Nemetschek > Vectorworks" - I presume this is for Windows users?)

Edited by Chris Rogers

Update - I've noticed the same problem occurring with 2021....the missing palettes can be found on a different desktop. I can go to that desktop, click on them, then return to the VW desktop and the palettes will follow me back.

Same thing happens with the Save window that pops up when Publishing drawing sets.

I now wonder if the problem isn't related to the the OS no longer being as compatible with the software. 

• Like 1

SOLVED! On the mask desktop, the dock across the bottom of the screen has icons for each program and app. Right click on each one to select Options. Vectorworks was assigned to Options> Assign to Desktop 1. When you drag the program into a different desktop, the pop ups still look at that assignment to know where to live. When I changed the setting to Options> Assign to None, the problem went away. The Attribute Palette, Resource Manager, Save dialog box, etc now follow the rest of the software when it shifts desktops.

• Like 1