Duplicate items in a drawing?

Ramon PG

Yes, Tools : Purge

Right side of the dialog bottom options.

But as I see, it finds Solids and especially 2D Elements,

but unfortunately does not recognize my duplicates Walls which I had a lot

by Copy/Paste user errors .....

EDIT :

@cberg was faster ...

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, cberg said:

Probably when some slight modification is made to the wall, they are no longer exactly the same, and that is when the command fails to purge.

That is a good idea.

I have to re-ckeck this.

But usually that happened, when VW made a pause when pasting, that I may have

CMD+ALT+V-ed again. And that happened so often for me when duplicating a bunch

of Walls into an upper Story. I often only realized when inserting Windows or had

trouble with Wall Connections.

And AFAIK I just did a test with one of my Walls outside of the Building, just cut and paste

checked OIP Class/Level, Purged, which did not find and delete the Wall.

Can't be sure I was on the same Class (?) but AFAIK that is also set by PlugIn Options (?)

I just found duplicate Slabs, 3 at the same place.

Purge did find them.

Strange, I extracted the Top Surface to replace by a standard Extrude.

And I got duplicate Extrudes from selecting the Slab(s) Face and extruding.

Should have been at least 3 Extrudes from those triple Slabs - to be consequent ....

And when I selected my remaining Slabs (7 which should only be 5 Slabs)

I could always only select 2 of the triple Slabs by ALT+Marquee.

Everything strange in VW 2022, OIP Palette liking to show no Selection too.

Don't get it.

Edited by zoomer

You can also use custom selection to find similar objects, when there are objects that fail to purge.

Once selected use the buttons in the top right of the object info palette to find the object you want to delete, and then delete it

1282564378_Screenshot2021-09-29at09_37_50.thumb.png.a3e54c9d5831ba4fc399d6621f0bba90.png

or

create a worksheet and list all objects you are searching for, by layer and class, and when listed right click on row and ‘select item’ to locate the object in the file.

61300695_Screenshot2021-09-29at09_40_39.thumb.png.f2d0d19a5e00bf42fc2d18e6afae2551.png

However it is not unusual for objects to appear in the list of objects in custom selection yet but failed to register in the file, i.e. the object appears in the list, but when selected shows '0' objects in the file.

This often happens after importing DWG.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, shorter said:

You can also use custom selection to find similar objects, when there are objects that fail to purge.

Once selected use the buttons in the top right of the object info palette to find the object you want to delete, and then delete it

1282564378_Screenshot2021-09-29at09_37_50.thumb.png.a3e54c9d5831ba4fc399d6621f0bba90.png

I have never noticed this before either!

I can see how to use it to toggle between the multiple selected items - they are briefly highlighted in red and the OIP shows the details for each object in turn - but how do I then delete one of them?

On 9/29/2021 at 6:46 AM, jeff prince said:

like to move them to a delete class personally, which can be created from the OIP while you have the items highlighted

@jeff princeExcellent solution, esp the part about the ability to make the class in-the-moment instead of having to hunt for it.
Also, like contemporary digital trash, one can then examine before final 'pruning' as per Loki

Edited by mjm
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mjm said:

@jeff princeExcellent solution, esp the part about the ability to make the class in-the-moment instead of having to hunt for it.
Also, like contemporary digital trash, one can then examine before final 'pruning' as per Loki

Glad it helps.  I'm always a bit cautious about deleting things during cleanup processes, especially when it's info coming from my civil engineer.  I still need to check out that show, I think I'll dig it.

• Like 1