Roof edge offsets

AlanW

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm getting strange behavior with my roof edge offsets for a roof face in VW2023.  

After setting an offset in the top component, it will initially put the offset at the bottom edge only.  Then if I edit the roof face shape, sometimes the edge offset appears around the entire roof face.  That doesn't look very good at the ridge of gable.  

It would be nice to have the ability to choose which edge of the component gets an offset, like on the rake edge of the roof.

I may have just discovered my problem.

If the line I draw to create the roof face is not exactly parallel to the polygon of the roof shape, the offset then goes around the entire roof face.  And this will happen if you edit the roof polygon line associated with the roof face line and somehow inadvertently change its parallel relationship with the roof face line.  If that makes sense.

It would still be nice to choose other parts of the roof face components to offset, like the rake edges.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MKingsley said:

I may have just discovered my problem.

If the line I draw to create the roof face is not exactly parallel to the polygon of the roof shape, the offset then goes around the entire roof face.  And this will happen if you edit the roof polygon line associated with the roof face line and somehow inadvertently change its parallel relationship with the roof face line.  If that makes sense.

It would still be nice to choose other parts of the roof face components to offset, like the rake edges.

Couldn't agree more.

I get all sorts of weird + inconsistent behaviour with roof offsets + can be very hard to get what I want. Rarely an enjoyable experience.