Accessory in Worksheets

EJ Berendsen

Hello 

Trying to create a worksheet in Vectorworks 2021 as a patch sheet.

All fixtures are showing up with the correct data, except for the scrollers that are attached to my par64 fixtures. They don't show up at all.

I have added the scrollers with the "add Accessory tool"

Anybody els seeing this?

Kind Regards,

EJBerendsen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There are new worksheet in Vectorworks 2023 that allow you to report accessories in a worksheet.
Under Functions look for "Specialized for Lighting Device" ObjectData(accessory symbols), ObjectData(accessory inst types), ObjectData(colors) deepening on the information you need.
There are additional choices and each one can take optional arguments if you are looking for more specific data.

On 2/21/2023 at 11:09 PM, klinzey said:

There are new worksheet in Vectorworks 2023 that allow you to report accessories in a worksheet.
Under Functions look for "Specialized for Lighting Device" ObjectData(accessory symbols), ObjectData(accessory inst types), ObjectData(colors) deepening on the information you need.
There are additional choices and each one can take optional arguments if you are looking for more specific data.

Thanks for responding. I've tried having a look for the things you mentioned. I've found the the Functions dropdown and the Object Data options to add as columns, but I'm having no luck generating a table/worksheet that just shows me a simple breakdown of the Accessories and the counts for each one. Do you know of any videos/tutorials that go through how to do this please? It's feels very complicated for such a simple requirement.

If I edit one of the Pre-Defined Spotlight Reports, I can get it to list the attached accessories, but I'd like to produce a simple worksheet that just has two columns. One with the name of the accesssory, and a second with the count of how many there are on the layer I specify in the report "advanced citeria" section. Is this possible do you know?

Thanks for your help so far.

Edited by Chris J Clarke

Unfortunately, if the two studios are in the same drawing, the command will combine all the accessories in to the into one worksheet every time you run the command.  You would need to have each studio in its own file.

The most time consuming part of making the command able to filter by layer, is creating the user interface to provide that choice.  I will see if I can whip out a command that will only make worksheets by layer, and then work on the UI later.  No guarantees, so it's unlikely to get to you in time, but we'll see.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...