DATA TAG - after data tag style is edited field with custom value (text) is reset to default

• 1 year later...

We are having this same issue.  After inserting a data tag with a user defined field, the tag randomly reverts to the default value.  VW2021 SP5.  Seems to happen only when using File Sharing.  Seems to be random, and hard to reproduce.  This is the tag field definition:

image.thumb.png.4107c486e32812cfe94d80ccc58d2aa4.png

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov I would like it if when I place a Data Tag with user-entered text in the drawing + replace it with another tag, the data is transferred over from the original tag to the new one. At the moment I have to remember to copy + paste it or if I forget enter it again from scratch. Not sure how feasible that would be or whether anyone else would find it useful...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
35 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov I would like it if when I place a Data Tag with user-entered text in the drawing + replace it with another tag, the data is transferred over from the original tag to the new one. At the moment I have to remember to copy + paste it or if I forget enter it again from scratch. Not sure how feasible that would be or whether anyone else would find it useful...

- Could you please post in the wishlist section about that? Attaching a sample file would be helpful too. Thanks! 🙂

27 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- Could you please post in the wishlist section about that? Attaching a sample file would be helpful too. Thanks! 🙂

Of course! It's related to several other issues so won't be a simple wish but will be good to ask the questions + see what comes back... 🙂

I'm still having this problem in VW 2022 SP6.  I have created a Data Tag that is placed about 2800 times.  Boss wanted the rectangle in that symbol to be thicker.  The moment I click "Edit Layout", maybe half or more than half of the Data Tags revert back to the default.  Some retain the data.  Quite annoying.

I can't use VW 2023 because of another issue with the callout tool text scale.

34 minutes ago, Rolan Castaneda said:

I'm still having this problem in VW 2022 SP6.  I have created a Data Tag that is placed about 2800 times.  Boss wanted the rectangle in that symbol to be thicker.  The moment I click "Edit Layout", maybe half or more than half of the Data Tags revert back to the default.  Some retain the data.  Quite annoying.

I can't use VW 2023 because of another issue with the callout tool text scale.

Hello @Rolan Castaneda,

Did this happen only once or is it happening more than once? The fix to this bug did not fix already broken data tags so the first time they are reset they will reset to default again, but after that they should not reset anymore.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello

Any updates on this issue? it still happens when I copy a Data Tag from another file. it reverts to the default values when I paste it (it happens for both options, keeping the current file style or replace it with the copied style). I had to rename them every time I paste. now I have same Tag with different names in Resource manager 😕

Thanks

macOS Ventura 13.3.1 VW Architect 2023 SP4

6 hours ago, NTT said:

Hello

Any updates on this issue? it still happens when I copy a Data Tag from another file. it reverts to the default values when I paste it (it happens for both options, keeping the current file style or replace it with the copied style). I had to rename them every time I paste. now I have same Tag with different names in Resource manager 😕

Thanks

macOS Ventura 13.3.1 VW Architect 2023 SP4

Can you share a test file and the steps to reproduce the bug with the file?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...