UNLOCKING GRID BUBBLES

bc

Question

Just getting into these now.  I have placed a few grid bubbles (using the new grid line tool) in plan on their own layer an in their own class.

I have them showing on their relevant elevations but they are locked in position and can't be adjusted.

How do I unlock them?  They are in the middle of my mid-century!  Thanks.

18978710_gridline.thumb.png.d4c026f316a6653bcc07b1e508eb30b4.png

13 answers to this question

Click on them and some editing is possible vis the OIP. I don't know how to eliminate or make them appear if they don't show (a case with one of my viewports). 

I'd like to know if there a way to globally control them in viewports, like their overall height and position in the viewport (your issue). I'm reading on the VWs Help but its a bit dense for me right now. 

3 hours ago, bc said:

I figured it out.  Reshape them.

I think just reshape is a bit buggy and the bubbles may revert back to their original position. This may be fixed in the latest v2022 release though,

I suspect there is no crop in the viewport. If you add a crop the bubbles should move.

3 hours ago, Ramon PG said:

I don't know how to eliminate or make them appear if they don't show (a case with one of my viewports)

You are talking about grid lines or just the bubbles? Sometimes grid lines can be accidentally deleted. To get them back first make sure all relevant classes and layers are set to visible in your vp then go to the design layer location of the grid lines, select one that isn’t showing in a vp and in the oip there is a “viewport visibility” (or something similar) button where you can check which vps the line is represented.

• Like 2

So returning to this, is there a way to have a gapped grid line like a gapped section line?

I have found the preference to have the bubble on both ends of the line but the line is solid through which I don't want in this instance.

Given that there is not this option, is there a way to have two grid lines with the same number (other than creating my own from line/circle/text)?

with 2021 I found it best to not edit lengths or position of gridlines in viewports by reshaping but by using OIP and viewport crop. Viewport crop repositions bubbles within the viewport. Adjusting start positions within the OIP seems to work but end positions don't seem to adjust.

gapping the line is just a matter of editing what that line is (lineweight is a good suggestion). Tool in 2021 has been a bit erratic (changing heights in viewport for no apparent reasons) - just about to try 2022 so looking forward to improvement

• Like 2

HI - yes the bubble handle and line will align with the crop border (top and bottom) then the 'shoulder length' setting in OIP will either align it to the crop (set at '0' or raise it above however much you want. I discovered the end position does work but only if you use  a bubble at the end position - in a viewport the line length (at bottom) can only be controlled by the crop - hope that makes sense