differential motion

theboss

In something I saw some time ago from Nemetschek, I can?t remember exactly where, there was a movie showing a cam and rocker arm actually moving relative to on another. I would like to be able to do that type of motion simulation. Is there currently a way to create such a movie in Mechanical? If not is such a capability contemplated?

• 1 month later...

Hi Boss and gtomike66,

Unfortunately there are no tutorials that I know of describing motion simulation using VectorScript. The samples that ship with VW only serve as examples as what can be done. That is why they are not encrypted so they can be examined.

Tom Urie

Nemetschek, N.A.

P.S. - does gtomike66 have anything to do with a '66 GTO? I had a '66 GTO in my younger days.

3D ANIMATIONS ARE POSSIBLE IN VECTORWORKS

If you want the capability to do 3D animations in VectorWorks then go and get Julian Carr's AnimationWorks Plug-in. (It costs A$250 - approximately US$187.50)

Sample movies are downloadable from the OzCADD site http://www.ozcad.com.au/

Follow the links Products / Add Ons to find the information on AnimationWorks and the downloadable movies.

[ 01-28-2005, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

if you want to create an animation in 3D there is nothing that comes close to AnimationWorks. It is so cool.

I helped on of my clients make a movie where you fly around the house.As you do so:

the old roof lifs off

the old internal walls slowly fade away

the new walls appear

the old deck and end of the building slide away

the new end of the building slides in

the newroof comes down

the movie stops.

To get all of this from inside VectorWorks is amazing.