Is there a list of new worksheet formulas in Vectorworks 2022?

Daft laddie question.

I see that there are some additional functions in worksheets - yeahhhh!!.  However, there are still a great number of basic mathematical functions that are available in excel that we do not have (or I can't find them).

One such situation is trying to get a worksheet to show the pitch of a stair. I can now get the rise and going (which is a good start), but nowhere can I get the pitch displayed.

I wasn't that worried as it is a simple inverse tangent function as there is a simple formula:

Going =  X

Rise = Y

Pitch = tan-1(x/y)

VW has a "Tan" function - but not an "Inverse Tan" function.  Or am I missing something.  Over 30 years since I did trig at school.

42 minutes ago, Kevin C said:

VW has a "Tan" function - but not an "Inverse Tan" function.  Or am I missing something.  Over 30 years since I did trig at school.

Over 30 years for me as well, but Vw WS do have an arc tangent function: atan(number)

… which if I recall my Trig class is the same as the inverse tan function?

7B7F5F1B-18FA-4717-9EA4-3CD90F6844E8.thumb.jpeg.3a8ce50820c4bee489a03b1be0dab164.jpeg

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

Hi,

yes new formulas are always welcome.

Hope Vectorworks can implement the most common formulas from Excel.

My first wish: Sumif()

But first it would be very welcome, if we can directly use the formulas with

the data-subfields of a list (x.1, x.2, x.3, ..., hope you know what i mean!?) of an WS.

Greetings

Tobi

• Like 1