Free Twinmotion for VW users!

Andrew Pollock

Hmmh,

I got a license for 2020.x just because downloading and trying 2019.x Beta.

Would have gotten another License for being a Bricscad user.

But can't remember if there was a code at all.

If there is a code for Service Select Users, I would try that.

Could be that Epic will offer you a free license after these 6 months.

56 minutes ago, bjoerka said:

i got a code inside the serviceselect portal. but that is worth for 6 month... not perpetual

Quoted from THIS Twinmotion page, which makes clear that it is a perpetual license, but it needs to be redeemed by March 31, 2022:

Between September 15, 2021 and March 31, 2022, if you own a copy of Vectorworks, you're entitled to get a perpetual license of Twinmotion, and free upgrades until the end of March 2023.
Don't delay—you must redeem your code by March 31, 2022!

• Like 2

I managed to get this - but had to contact my local VW agent  to re-issue an activation email for my VSS account (or something?) when it didn't work to start with.

The Twinmotion licence then seems to exist somehow, even if there is no direct record of it when I look at my Epic Games (ie twinmotion) account which until recently I was just using to run a trial version of TM.

Seeing as there seem to be various aspects of the VW<>TM export process that are still not working properly, it seems a little academic for the time being anyway.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone explain exactly how to get this perpetual license? I was only able to download a Trial perpetual license--which I think anyone can do. This is very confusing and the EPIC website where I assume one should download it sort of leaves you hanging. Has anyone actually succeeded in this and, if so, could you please give step-by-step as to what you did?

Huge thanks for any advise on this.

MHBrown

2019 MB Pro 16", i9 Intel, 32GB RAM, 8GB GPU, OS Catalina

1 hour ago, MHBrown said:

Can anyone explain exactly how to get this perpetual license? I was only able to download a Trial perpetual license--which I think anyone can do. This is very confusing and the EPIC website where I assume one should download it sort of leaves you hanging. Has anyone actually succeeded in this and, if so, could you please give step-by-step as to what you did?

Huge thanks for any advise on this.

MHBrown

2019 MB Pro 16", i9 Intel, 32GB RAM, 8GB GPU, OS Catalina

I just went to my customer portal on service select and saw the license number there.  I believe it’s a link that takes you to the epic games installer IIRC. It was easy.

@MHBrown I believe that all licensed Vw Users have a Vw Customer Portal page, whether or not you have a Service Select subscription. 

Click the link towards the bottom of this Twinmotion | Vectorworks promotion page, under the section labeled ‘Get your Free License Today’. There are instructions on how to get your TM license there. HTH. 

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion/vectorworks

3 hours ago, MHBrown said:

Thank you, Jeff, but not everyone has Service Select. I don't personally have any need for it. Can anyone else who does not pay for the Service Select option help me out?

Thanks,

MHBrown

You have a customer portal as @rDesign and I said….

Maybe you can get someone to come to your site to do it for you since it is proving so difficult 😉

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...