2021 Lighting Accessory Tool Questions

DKLX

Greetings, all. I'm using 2021 for the first time to redraft a plot that I received and am running into some...curiosities...with the new features of the Lighting Accessory tool.

- In the before-times (2020 and prior), you could place an accessory symbol anywhere in the drawing, set the angle, and then attach it to its parent fixture. This was super helpful for a variety of accessories that want to be drawn in unique positions/angles relative to the parent fixture (Sidearms are a prime example). In 2021, with the addition of the Accessory Edit mode, and using sidearms as an example, you're forced to place the accessory symbol onto one of the predetermined default locations on the parent fixture (Lens, Body, Base, etc) and then go into the "Edit Accessories" window via the OIP if you need to change the drawn location/angle for that specific parent fixture. Is this correct? Is there no way to insert/attach accessories like you could in 2020? When you're needing to draw/attach 50 sidearms that each have their own unique angle/relationship to their parent fixture, the extra step of going into an editing window really adds time to the process. Just wondering if I'm missing something...

- Also, keeping with the sidearm example, in Top/Plan view, I'm no longer able to stack the sidearm symbol and fixture symbol correctly, with the fixture symbol on top. The accessory symbol has a Light Info Record and Parts Record attached to it. From what I can tell, the only way to select an accessory symbol after it's been drawn is through the "Edit Accessories" window, but the stacking that takes place in that editor only applies to the accessories relative to each other, not the parent fixture. Once you exit the editor, all of the accessories remain on top of the parent fixture symbol. Again, maybe I'm missing something. 

I would appreciate any insight! (And again, I'm not counting out the possibility that my ignorance of 2021 is hindering my appreciation for the revamped Accessory tool).

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...