Lost My Chairs?

Jbarre949

Question

Hi, I'm pretty self-taught in VW so I'm really hoping I just overlooked a basic functionality of why I can no longer have seats at my placed event tables. They just don't show up anymore?? I need 3 seats per 6'x2.5' table like the dozens of times I've arranged them in the past. I've tried nearly everything to get the seats back, all my visibilities are wide open and visible (to my understanding). This started happening after I edited a table to remove the chairs in a particular area...Did I edit the symbol to no longer have chairs at the table...very confused.

Below is what i see after creating a boundary to use the seating tool...per usual. The symbol shows no chairs?

289108953_screenshot1.thumb.jpg.276c61aa9da893a20fabf7c74953874d.jpg

I then select the correct symbol with desired seats per table...All arrangement settings per usual. Chairs don't show in preview??

1193178114_screenshot2.thumb.jpg.49ea5d11725af050baee106d1c984d10.jpg

Here ya go, not sure what's going on here...I've played with all types of spacing and arrangement setting to no avail.. I lost my seats per table??

1470138368_screenshot3.thumb.jpg.517189fad2f9e33b249b329e5be14acf.jpg

3 answers to this question

And if you are using symbols instead of the Table/chair object, if you edited one instance then yes you did remove those chairs from every instance in the file.

Symbols have a single definition that applies to every instance in the drawing. If you want one to be different than the others you either have to convert it to a Group first and then edit the group, or create a second symbol with the edits and replace the first instance with the edited version.

• Like 1