assign textures to different faces on one 3D object

hi, I am try to assign different textures or images as textures on different faces of one extruded object(not like wall which can have some extra mapping method),could i do that? At the moment it seems only can apply one on, I do not know how to use like 3Dmax which I can assign different ID to one object for materials.

thanks

Steven - your "boos" is not Robinson Crusoe with this attitude. Typically it occurs when they are not that competent with the program, and don't understand how long it will take to implement that 'mnor' change.

The curse of computing for Architecture has been the diminishment of the phase that used to be known as Design Development (aka Detailed Design). Too often the Sketch Design becomes the basis for the Working Drawings without the Design having been worked through thoroughly. When the inevitible changes occur they create havoc for everyone.

The situation is compounded by the Structural and Services Engineers requiring CAD drawings up front so that they can do their design. Provision of these tends to signal to them that the design is finalised when often this is not the case.

How do you overcome this? One way is to keep a record of how long it takes to implement changes and then subtly try to educate your boss that there is a price to be paid for not thinking the design through properly in the first place. Good luck.