Data Tag crashing VW

KrisM

Question

I've created a data tag to show the name and dimensions for a rectangle. A number of operations are crashing VW. Moving the data tag, resizing the rectangle after the data tag is attached, moving the rectangle after the data tag is attached. Seems to me that the data tag is the problem but I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue. At least 20 crashes today trying to sort this out. Need help so I can get some work done. File attached.

DATA TAG CRASHES.vwx

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @KrisM,

The problem here is caused by having data tags inside the data tag layout. When you enter the layout of the data tag and select all, you will see that there are 2 data tags in there, which is something that is not expected and I suppose added by mistake from you? If you delete these data tag the crashing will be gone. We will work on fixing the crash as soon as possible.

Thanks for catching this!

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1

Nikolay,

I went in and deleted the extra tags. I couldn't see them but selected over where I thought they were and indeed got two objects. I have no idea how I got duplicate objects but perhaps trying to drag the objects into a new position created a copy. Anyway, problem solved and the tag now works without wreaking havoc. Thanks.