Prolyte H40V box corner - struggling to configure correctly

Mike Wright

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I took a look at the file and the issue is that the cross section values are showing the truss length and width dimensions of 0mm (screenshot with blue oval).  If the dimensions have no values the auto connect will fail and that is why things were not connecting to the left.  I was able to fix this by going into the Truss Properties and reassigning the H40V cross section to the piece of truss and clicking 'ok' in the dialog.  The trick is to make sure that the length and width are 387mm (screenshot with green oval).  By reassigning the cross section the length and with will auto populate because the dimensions are defined by the cross section.  Once I corrected the missing dimensions the truss corner behaved like expected.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 12.37.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 12.40.54 PM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thanks for pointing this out.  That is an issue that I will be fixed.  All truss should have a cross section assigned so that Braceworks will function properly.  If the data is not available then it should be set to Rigid.  Regardless, all truss should have values in length and width.