Curtain tool no longer working in 20, 21 or 22.

Fergy

This is strange. Just trying 22 for the first time this AM, testing a file for an upcoming show made in 20. In Spotlight, Soft Goods tool works fine for Pipe and Drape and Border, but normal Curtain only creates an insertion point.  Nothing is created in 2D or 3D mode other than an insertion point. Adding Track or Pipe inserts that object at the proper length and Z. HOWEVER, once I've cycled to a Viewport, and then back to the Design Layer, the Curtain AND Border options no longer appear other than insertion point. Pipe and drape option forces it to appear. Classes are all set to be viewable.

Just for grins, opened same file in 21, and then 20 (Initial file was made in 20). Problem is the same on all. Worked last week before installation of 22.  Just some strange coincidence? Literally opened the file to discover all of my softgoods were missing, just in time to confirm my rental order.

It was in Spotlight version.  A reboot solved it, but was really strange. I bounced back to 2020 to get the revisions done.

Just opened that same file into 22.  Started in Design Layer, was able to add curtain as needed, or convert it between P&D, Curtain, Border. 

Switched to Sheet Layer, and it disappears.  Check classes, and they are viewable.  Double-click viewport to go back to edit Design Layer, and curtain objects are no longer visible; only insertion point is there.

Closing without saving and then reopening the file makes it visible again, but shuts down as soon as I repeat the flow to Sheet Layer and back.

Create a new drawing with just two objects in it, and I cannot get it to repeat.  Will try to dig in more later and will send a DM. Could just be an old file that's been beaten so many times that something is hinky in it.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Fergy

I followed your work flow as described in the previous post, the only thing I noticed was that  I had to turn on the event-scenic-curtains class in  sheet 1's viewport, before the drape was visible there

Please let me know if you are still having problems

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

One thing to consider regarding softgoods in 2022 is that the tool has had a number of upgrades including the ability to save softgoods tool settings as styles. In your file resources have you checked the style settings? (accessed by right clicking on the style and selecting edit)

It may be that when your file was converted from the 2020 format that the style was not correctly configured during the import process.