Vision won't render dark blue

Hello!

I'm having a weird quirk where Vision won't render a dark blue for any fixture.  Attached is a screenshot of every light in the rig set to Rosco 80, Primary Blue.  Mostly I just get a steel blue or medium lavender.  It is the same if I select a gel color or use the color picker.  Other colors work fine but no matter what I select, I can't get a dark blue.  I'm on the most updated versions of Vision and EOS. I've triple-checked the fixture types in Vision and the EOS Patch.  Colors are fine in every other program on my computer and I've double-checked all my graphics card settings.

I've been looking for some kind of color balance setting in Vision but I don't see anything.  How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Scott

Vision Color Problem.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Most of your ROOT/Global Document settings seem good! So, I don't think that is the issue.

Digging deeper, I decided to run some more tests. In this test, all I did was open your V3S, select the S4 36deg group, and assign them a gel of 0, 0, 255 for full blue. This was the result:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.33.47 AM.png

So, that seems correct and what I would expect! Perhaps, you can try this test and at least make sure this works.

I started looking around in your document more and noticed a few lights that look like this:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.37.13 AM.png

This screenshot has that "steel blue or medium lavender" color to it that you had in your original screenshot. Upon further investigation, it became evident that the colors assigned to these fixtures are the cause:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.37.15 AM.png

I'm not sure if you just entered these RGB values incorrectly or if our stock content is incorrect. But, either way, adjusting some of these values should hopefully fix your issue. I'll work with our content teams to determine if our stock content has the correct RGB values.

Thanks for continuing to look into this!  I can change the gel color for conventional lights and get a dark blue so Vision is able to create that color.

It seems like Vision just isn't reading information from the ETC EOS software correctly.  The EOS software has its own visualizer and the color looks correct there.  When it comes into Vision, though, the color is much paler.

I'm attaching a photo with the side-by-side comparison of Vision and ETC Augment3D.  Both are rendering the same information but look very different.

(on a side note, they both also treat the VL2600 very differently.  I won't know which is correct until I get into the theater)

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 10.16.37 AM.png

• Like 1