Object Info Palette Not Showing Selection?

Bijerro

Question

Hi,

I'm using VW 2021 (Oz-SP4 - Build 602791) on a Mac (OS Big Sur). The Object Info Palette is showing "No Selection" regardless of which object is clicked. I've tried rebooting the Mac and VW to no avail. It seems rather haphazard. Sometimes the Object Info shows up by right-clicking an object and selecting "Activate Layer", sometimes by double clicking the object, sometimes not. Previously a single left click directly on the object itself simply brought up the info in the OIP. What has changed? Have I hit some button accidentally?

Also, objects copied from VW 2020 files are not editable. In Settings, the General tab shows up, but all the others (Geometry etc) are blank. Does this mean I can no longer edit my 2020 files?

Cheers for any help!

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Had this too from time to time in VW 2021.

But I am on Monterey Public Beta and M1 Mac.

Or that I can't select Objects with LMB click - while it works by Marquee Selection.

Or that I can Select only on Active Layer (or Class ?) although Show/Snap/Modify Others

activated. Or Objects disappearing after Edits in Edit Mode, .....

So far I think it is much better in VW 2022 now with universal installer and native Apple ARM App.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1

No answer to the question?!

I am having the same issue.  The Object Info Palette won't display any information about the selected object. In my case I am editing a viewport.  I can double-click to enter the "annotations" edit mode, but a "select all" produces no results in the OIP, but I have just been making annotations.

I have Vectorworks 2022 running on an

12.3.1 (21E258)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Apple M1 Pro

• Like 1
On 12/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, Kennedyme said:

I'm having similar bugginess in 2022 with regards to selecting objects. It's kind of random. "Select all" won't work in design layers, but will work in sheet layers. Sometimes I can't select something at all, unless I choose "force select."

I had many similar issues with prior intel 2019 MBP. W/ the M1 MBP, so far none of that has occurred. Not to say there haven't been other rando display issues from time to time