VW 2022 - Hidden line 'sketch options' not working

neal-2002

Question

15 answers to this question

VW2021 and also VW2022  OsMac Big Sur 11.5.2  

Just this week my normal drawings are inexplicably printing out as sketch style. They look as if they are straight lines on screen but the entire thing (including title frames) are sketched on printing. I have tried View - Rendering - Line render options but can't seem to find what I should press. In faint it says document default style 'no sketch' so it should be fine....but it's not!

How do I make my document with straight lines and no sketching strokes?!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 9/17/2021 at 9:56 AM, neal-2002 said:

VW 2022 on Mac osMac 11.5.2 - Viewport, open gl renders with hidden line foreground - sketch line option - gives same effect no matter what settings I change.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:04 PM, David Poiron said:

I just noticed this too for viewports - hidden line sketch style is somewhat random. Also, image props are getting a 3D cross hair outline where they did not before. These need go back to transparent for hidden line portion of the rendering.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. The issues should be fixed in the next service pack for Vectorworks 2022.

It is August 2022 and this is still not working. It has not been fixed. Here is how I think it used to work:

I have a viewport with a foreground renderer and a background renderer. I render the foreground as Hidden Line. I then add a "background" render of a sketch, "Tentitive." What I get is a messy looking wireframe. You can reverse the "background" and "foreground" inputs and the same thing occurs.

What I should get is the same Hidden Line, but now with the lines "sketched." I believe this is how it has worked since it was added until VW2020 or '21. Now it remains unfixed in VW2022. Can anyone tell me how to take a hidden line viewport and give it a sketched look? And I'm not talking about using a shaded render. I want to do it with the Hidden Line command, the way I used to.

Thanks,

MHBrown

VW2022 the latest SP version

Windows 10

Mac Monterey

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, MHBrown said:

It is August 2022 and this is still not working. It has not been fixed. Here is how I think it used to work:

I have a viewport with a foreground renderer and a background renderer. I render the foreground as Hidden Line. I then add a "background" render of a sketch, "Tentitive." What I get is a messy looking wireframe. You can reverse the "background" and "foreground" inputs and the same thing occurs.

What I should get is the same Hidden Line, but now with the lines "sketched." I believe this is how it has worked since it was added until VW2020 or '21. Now it remains unfixed in VW2022. Can anyone tell me how to take a hidden line viewport and give it a sketched look? And I'm not talking about using a shaded render. I want to do it with the Hidden Line command, the way I used to.

Thanks,

MHBrown

VW2022 the latest SP version

Windows 10

Mac Monterey

Hello @MHBrown I think you don't need to use separate foreground and background.  Just use single hidden line background and set sketch on for it.  Using foreground and background sounds like the lines are doubled-up.