Reversing a plan?

I have an assignment to reverse a plan drawing. I found that my elevations are the only problem. I've tried two methods.

One - putting each plan 2D annotation on a separate class on the 3D design layer in front, etc orientation. Turn all classes on, select all, do the mirror. The left and right plan are fine except all the annotation must be mirrored again then relocated to the correct position.

Two (which I like drawing better) - annotate the plan view port on the print sheet. When the model is mirrored and the veiw ports are updated the dimensions are correct but everything else is reversed. After selecting everything but the dimensions, doing a mirror, then I have to cut and paste this information from right to left and visa versa.

Am I missing something simple here that would make this easier.

Thanks,

Larry

Robert,

I am reversing a complete floor plan model. I have 7 sheets with drawing information thru viewports from the design layer. When I mirror the design layer model everything does mirror. What comes out messed up is the detail elevation views of left and right. Some of the informations has to be cut and pasted from the left view to the right view. Some of the information must be mirrored again to make it correctly fit the drawing.

Do you ever take a plan that you have completed and reverse it to create a new plan? What methodology do you use to draw the elevations that will mirror correctly creating the new reversed plan?

Thanks,

Larry

But reversing the entire house plan is my goal. I have a house #1 with 7 sheets completed and now I want a second house #2 that has all 7 sheets but this house is the reverse plan of the first house.

After doing the mirror to reverse the original house plan I have a perfect new floor plan #2 that is reversed left to right of my original.

Now when I go to my elevations sheet and look at the left elevation all of my annotation on that viewport is for my right elevation. So I cut and paste my information from the right viewport to the left viewport. Then I still have to select the dimensions only, mirror them, and line them up with the building again. Then do the same from the left viewport to the right.

It all finally works out ok. But my question is... is their an easier more efficient way? It seem like a lot of work.

Thanks for the help,

Larry

OK maybe I'm not saying this correctly. I want my design layer mirrored. It is the only way to get my floor plan reversed. If I only mirror my viewports my floor plan, foundation plan, electrical plan, etc are all showing the original NOT reversed plan #1. How do I get to the reversed plan #2 if I don't mirror the design layer?

I'm really trying here. If I'm just blind to this solution please explain it to me differently.

Thanks,

Larry

You guys are all right! Thanks for not giving up on me.

I finally see what you're doing. Leave the original design layer alone and only change all the viewports on all sheet required. If I need to make any edits do them on the design layer, update the viewport, mirror the new viewport, and print the sheet.

Geez... That wasn't so hard was it???

Thanks - I do appreciate the help.

Larry