Title Block Border - Total Number of Sheets not working properly.

Ken White

Question

In the attached file, there are 8 sheet layer to be used as basic templates. All have simple rectangles for the border, and a Custom Title Block object with linked text. All of the title blocks are not activated, so the total # of active sheets should be zero.

If you activate a title block, the total sheet count goes up (as expected), but if you delete all the elements on a sheet (3), the sheet total does not change. Further, if you duplicate the blanked sheet, the sheet total goes up (like there is a ghost item on the page).

I can fix things by creating a new sheet layer, setting up the page set up, and then moving the elements from a defective sheet to the new sheet, and the deleting the newly vacatted defective sheet.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to delete the Ghost Activated invisible Title block border?
  2. Is there an easier way to fix this than the workaround I described?
  3. Any Ideas on what is happening???

Thanks for your insights.

VW 2021 SP4 - Mac: Big Sur,

Templates.sta

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Ken White,

First of all, thank you for this detailed issue report! It really makes it easier to find what is going on when we have such detailed reports.

Now, back to the issue itself. If you create a custom worksheet report of all TBBs in the file, get their Sheet Number, Active state and Total num sheets, it is easy to see that you have some broken TBBs in your file, that do not have any graphics and are invisible and impossible to select:

image.png

What I think happened here is that you had some title block border with no title block graphics in them which you selected to Use as Title Block only, which lead to them being without graphics. On file save, close and then open, these TBBs become impossible to select. Have you done something similar?

As a workaround for now, here is what I suggest:

1) Expand the worksheet created above to report the Use as Title Block only state too

2) For the TBBs that are active and invisible, set this state to false

3) Save the file and close it

4) Open the file and the invisible TBBs should appear. Now you can delete them and everything should be back to normal

I will see what could be done to avoid this issue in the future, but for now, try not to leave your TBBs without any graphics in them. 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

If you create a custom worksheet report of all TBBs in the file, get their Sheet Number, Active state and Total num sheets,

Thanks for your help Nikolay, I understand, and I believe you are correct. I have done a little with custom worksheets, but not enough to do what you describe. I can create the worksheet that pulls all the TBB object, but I do not know the formulas for A2:C2. Can you please share those details.

Thanks Again